The best thing to hold onto in life is each other
DatingDirect.com is entrepreneur Darren Richards’s brainchild invention in the arena of dating in the UK. Established in 1999, DatingDirect.com had nearly 40,000 active members in just 3 months and by 2003, it had nearly 800,000 people online on the dating platform. This figure has some importance since it belongs to a period where dating online or talking about it was considered a little unorthodox or futuristic.
In 2012, this platform merged with Match.com and now shares almost the same features and membership database of nearly 4 million members from the UK. The members belong to the age group of 18 to 65 years old and gender distribution is nearly perfect with 52% females and 48% males. The large majority of members are looking for a relationship for the long-term and it takes only 90 seconds to complete the profile with selective questions. Write a little “about me” piece, and upload your photo and you are good to go. You can even perform a full search, view members photos, and their descriptions before upgrading to a full membership.
The user interface is clear, uncluttered and intuitive with some nice features to help make your partner search fun and enjoyable. Search is pretty straightforward with a basic search option and an advanced option. Even with the basic search can find thousands of results while the advanced option can be used to narrow down the numbers with selective preferences like eye color, short hair, non-smoker, etc.
DatingDirect.com has developed a unique matching process in the online dating market involving only two steps. The first one is the usual creation of profile with personal details and description about the type of people you are interested to meet. The second one is: attending events. DatingDirect.com states three reasons for singles to attend these events. They say that 1 in every 2 people meet someone at an event, you can invite up to 3 friends and there are lots of single guests. In a way, this an icebreaker deal and thus happens to be a great way to increase chances of meeting someone special.
- “The Daily 6” is a fun way to meet up with people online. Each day, the DatingDirect.com is matching algorithm selects 6 different members that it think you may like.
- With response to simple questions like “would you like to meet them?” you can choose to meet new prospects. This is a unique way of showing interest in someone here.
- There is a section called “The Quiz” which allows you to ask potential dates between 5 and 20 questions that are already there. Writing your own questions can be included but it needs approval; however, one gets to know the interest of the other party through this.
- There is a contact filter to avoid any member snooping around on your or if you need them away without any unnecessary interaction. This keeps people you are not interested at bay.
- Membership is free but need to be upgrade for advanced search options.
- This platform is without a doubt, the largest dating site in the United Kingdom and therefore offers a lot of choices.
- The majority of members are looking for long-term commitment and therefore the chances of finding casual people are pretty low.
- DatingDirect.com has its database combined with Match.com’s database, which increases the chances of you finding a great partner considerably.
- The interface is easy to use and has good security and privacy features including a contact filter to avoid being troubled or harassed by fellow users that you intend to avoid.