There is always some madness in love
Signing up with JDate is quick and easy. The complete sign-up process takes about 2-3 minutes. The more detailed information you provide, the more chances you get to finding a perfect match. It has been found that you get more views if you upload more than one pictures compared to the ones that have a single or no picture. Adding a 3000-word limit description at sign up, which is optional, can make your profile perfect and top notch for search.
The service on this platform includes catering to both male and female Jewish singles, however, the number for women is significantly higher than that of men. Majority of active members are female aged 35-49 years old and has a gender ratio of 54% female and 46% male. JDate sees over 2 million monthly views and is the most popular dating site and app for Jewish singles around the world.
There is the regular search function, chat rooms, forums, and a simple-to-use “My Matches” feature that suggests a wide variety of potential dates close to your location. There is a “Secret Admirer” function which is a fun way to give a ‘thumbs up’ or down on other members. The site also has a “Color Code” personality test that determines your motives for doing certain things and is used to match up people that have similar results. Although communication requires a paid subscription, you can send ‘Flirts’ to members of interest and show that you are looking forward to them.
JDate is designed well and stylish with its cool and catchy interface and the profile section is well highlighted for viewing. In 2011, a survey found that JDate is responsible for 52% of successful Jewish marriages that began online.
- The profiles are quite detailed and profile pictures are visible to everyone for free.
- Navigation on the app is easy and the app is available for download both iOS and Android.
- Unlimited messaging is available for free members. The site also notifies whether a message has been read or not.
- The site has provisions for highlighting a profile to attract maximum matches and ensures visibility.
- JLife is JDate's onsite magazine that offers dating advice and tips and also success stories from couples of Jewish marriages from their site.
- Another icebreaker for communication here happens to be an additional feature where users can answer daily questions and see what others have also answered. This is a great way to open conversations between potential matches.
- Registration is free, easy and fast. However, with paid membership options, members are able to connect with potential partners. Email features are only allowed for paid members.
- Profiles of other members can be quickly searched free through a search filter indicating gender, age, and location.
- Creation of fake profiles is not possible because of the site's strict safety guidelines and once a fake profile is detected, the account gets suspended automatically.
- Users can mark a profile of a person they like and JDate will help that user find out if the other person feels the same way.
- JDate also offers offline events for members to be able to meet up in person usually in a relaxed group setting.