Is the internet dating, or what we call, online dating is terrifying? Yes, it is. I may sound crazy; however, it’s correct up to a certain extent. Why I am saying is because we have been raised and taught not to share personal information with any stranger. But, in online dating, one has to provide all the information about the self.
What’s more here is that, due to advancement in the definitive research in human psychology and genetics, online blind dating companies come up with various psychological and behavioral tests wherein one has to give information about more intimate social traits. This itself reveals even those character traits that one finds unaware of himself/herself.
Having said that, I am not here to scare away you or suggest you not to opt the internet dating. I just want to make you aware of some facts related to online dating, especially dedicating it to online dating for beginners.
So, before starting to give you any tips or suggestions, let me tell you how online dating is similar to traditional dating and also highlight how it’s different. There are many ways where one finds similarity between the two like it’s going to be the same till one is going to meet the match in-person. It’s exactly the same from the point when one reaches the venue, asks whether so-and-so is the same person and starts the real dating.
However, there are some differentiators that exist in online dating.
- The information one already knows: In case of traditional dating, one is going to be introduced by family, friends or relatives. The amount of information one knows about the potential match is very limited. However, in case of an online dating, one knows various things associated with the potential match such as his/her likes and dislikes, personal information, professional information, behavioral traits, etc. This helps one to make his/her mind about the match.
- Available options: The options available in case of traditional dating are very limited as one has to practically make various things fall in-line and set a date. However, this may not be the case in online dating. Here, one may find his/her profile being liked by hundreds or inbox with a hundred messages or even the profile being In search for multiple times making one aware about the likeliness of getting dates.
One may find it amazing and gets flooded by the response. However, I suggest you not to overwhelm with this. Taking some time, analyzing the responses and selecting the most suitable profiles will definitely help one.
- Simplicity to approach: A lot of people struggle to get a date as they don’t know how to ask or don’t have an idea whether someone is interested or one is single. Additionally, when meeting in-person, people hesitates to crack a conversation due to lack of information about the match.
However, in case of an internet dating, most people already have the idea about the potential match. Moreover, since most of the online dating sites has a messaging or chat function in their sites, it’s easy for one to, firstly, get connected through them and have a conversation. Having an idea about the potential match removes the initial hesitation to start conversation.
Online dating tips for beginners
Online dating is simple until one makes it complicated. Having the above-mentioned insights, one can start keeping the following points in mind:
- Selecting the right internet dating site: This is the most important thing that one has to do is to choose the right online dating site. I know there are hundreds of dating sites and to select the right one is like finding needle in the hay stack. However, there are a few things one can consider while finalizing the dating sites such as –
- What kind of person one is searching? There are sites specifically for singles, for matures religion-based dating sites or even a hobby-based site.
- Is one ready to pay for availing the services? There are dating sites that offer paid services for offering profiles of authentic, genuine and serious dates.
- One should also analyze that the profiles suggested by the dating site should be recent one and the user has recently operated his/her account. In case if the site is suggesting dormant or abandoned user accounts, there is no point in wasting time on it.
- Making an investment: We all know how one feels when he/she receives any free of cost services. However, there are services which companies offer for a price. Similar is the case in dating sites also. Today, online dating sites offer premium paid services where they charge a membership fee to give high-quality, verified matches.
Availing the paid services is like investing. One can pay a nominal monthly amount for such services. Moreover, when the issue is about selecting a life partner, I hope to spare a few dollars won’t make a big difference.
- Creating the profile: This is one of the most important step/tip in the list. Whether one is a beginner or an experienced person, I recommend you not to lie about anything in one’s profile. Misrepresenting any factual information gives a wrong impression about one. Additionally, in such a case, one’s potential match assumes or makes an impression about one’s personality. It increases the expectations and when it differs from the reality, it results in a breakup. Therefore, it’s recommended not to lie about anything in the profile.
- Searching the perfect match: The best part of online dating is that one gets an ample amount of time to search the suitable profiles. No one is going to force anyone and one can select a profile based on his/her expectations.
One can do this by laying the priorities. When one has a priority list of what is important and what one can do without, it becomes easy to search and select. One must have an idea about the deal breakers, preferences and things one can consider leaving. This, actually, gives elasticity about the choosing the potential matches. Expecting a profile that fits 100% is just a distant dream. However, there are chances that one can find a profile that matches 80%-90% of one’s expectations.
The last thing that I would recommend all is to have fun in this whole process. Online dating was never easy and will never be. It takes time and effort for everyone, be it a beginner or even an experienced person to get a match of his/her dream.
As far as a site for online dating for beginners is concerned, Blinddate.com is one of the most upcoming sites for blind dating. This site is into dating business for the last 19 years and has a long list of authentic, eligible and genuine singles. The site keeps the profiles of only verified members ensuring that only valid and reliable accounts are available. Moreover, it also has a feature of ‘blinddate hour’ allowing members to actually blind date with their potential matches without revealing the true identities. The identities of the members get revealed only after an hour of anonymous chat. One can find the best singles, matures and even divorced from this site.
I hope the above-said suggestions will help you in making one’s first internet date a success.